Introduction Somatic Experiencing® with Giselle Genillard
Somatic Experiencing®, the method of trauma healing developed by Dr. Peter Levine, offers a new and hopeful vision on Trauma. It is a naturalistic approach that unravels and reveals the mystery of human trauma, and outlines concrete steps needed to heal trauma.
Trauma, Levine said, is in the nervous system, not in the event, and occurs when an overwhelming experience becomes frozen in time. The residual energy, which arose during the event and was not discharged from the body, remains trapped in the nervous system where it causes damage to our body and mind.
The SE® Intro will be led by Giselle Genillard.
Giselle Genillard, founder and director of “SOS INTERNATIONALE”, is a Licensed Midwife, a member of the European Association of Body Psychotherapy (EABP), a Somatic Experiencing (SE)® Practitioner, a member of the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI), a Touch-in-Parenting Instructor and founding Secretary of the Board of EASE, the European Association for Somatic Experiencing.
The workshop lasts 2 days and offers the basic knowledge of SE® in a combination of theory and practice. You can participate in this workshop out of interest, curiosity. If you are considering starting the SE® training, EASE (European Association for Somatic Experiencing) requires that you follow the introduction.
Objectives of the workshop
To outline a general picture of what trauma is, its origins and consequences, and the specific contribution of SE®. Offer tools for the self-regulation of the nervous system, in order to be present with more possibilities in the here and now.
Professionals seeking new, efficient tools in their work with clients.
• Mental health care: psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, pedagogues, social workers, coaches, occupational therapists, dance and expression therapists, …
• From healthcare: doctors, nurses, homeopaths, specialists, midwives, …
• From body-oriented care: osteopaths, acupuncturists, manual therapists, craniosacral therapists, physiotherapists,…
• Those who are (often the first) involved in emergencies/disasters: firefighters, police, security officers, …
• Educational people, yoga teachers, ….
All persons who want to gain more insight into trauma and the health problems associated with it through their work or personally.
• Definition of trauma through the SE® model
• What is SE®? Comparison with other therapies
• Fundamental Principles of SE®
• Historical and Cultural Perspective of Trauma
• The Autonomic Nervous System
• Resilience and self-regulation
• Videos and demonstrations
• Group work and practical exercises
• Explanation about the SE practitioner training
Location: Vergaderzaal Kop van Kessel-Lo, Leuvensestraat 18, 3010 Leuven
Dates: Saturday and Sunday 21-22 January 2023, 10h-18h
Prices: 310 € (including coffee, tea, water, small snack and syllabus)
Language: Engels. When necessary translation is possible into Dutch/French/German.
You can register via the form below.